DWCCC New Year Day Celebration Sunday, January 1, 2017 Time: 11:15 am Please join us as we celebrate a New Year! See you there!
Rules of Survival if Stopped by the Police
1. Say a quick prayer (under your breath)
2. Be polite and respectful when stopped by the police. Keep your mouth closed. Only answer when asked a question. If you must speak…ask to speak and then when granted say what you need to say clearly and concisely.
3. Remember that your goal is to get home safely! If you feel that your rights have been violated, you and your parents have the right to file a formal complaint with your local police jurisdiction.
4. Don’t, under any circumstance, get into an argument with the police.
5. Always remember that anything you say or do can be used against you in court.
6. Keep your hands in plain sight and make sure the police can see your hands at all times.
7. Avoid physical contact with the police. Never make any sudden movements. Keep hands out of your pockets.
8. Do not run, even if you are afraid of the police! Do not run no matter what!
9. Even if you believe that you are innocent, do not resist arrest. Do not talk back. Do not raise your voice. Do not attempt to intimidate the officer(s).
10. Don’t make any statements about the incident until you are able to meet with a lawyer or public defender.
11. Stay calm and remain in control. Watch your words. Watch your body language. Watch your emotions.